Fayette County Democratic Committee
See you Saturday August 8th for Pancakes and Politics
- Learn about the Special Election to replace Commissioner Pota Coston and the party's efforts in fighting for district voting.
- Hear about the upcoming Summer Evening of Jazz Concert on September 26th
- Fayette FACTOR and AVPRIDE have been working on the issue of teen alcohol use. Join members of the Alcohol Prevention Project in a Community Conversation regarding the issues concerning teens, alcohol and home parties and their current work on drafting a unified Social Hosting ordinance for all municipalities and the county.
- Learn about the Be Smart campaign: A conversation about kids, guns, and safety. The Be Smart campaign seeks to keep kids safer by introducing these five easy steps to parenting and everyday life:
- Secure guns in homes and vehicles.
- Model responsible behavior.
- Ask about unsecured guns in other homes.
- Recognize the risks of teen suicide.
- Tell your peers to be SMART.
Be Informed. Be Heard. Be Counted.
Welcome to the online home of the Fayette County Democratic Party (FCDC). Fayette County Democratic Committee is a county affiliate of the Democratic Party of Georgia. Our goal is to help our neighbors be informed about local and national issues and engage them in the democratic process.
As Democrats we believe that all members of our society should have a voice. The FCDC encourages citizens to be heard by becoming more active in our community and volunteering for local and state elections. We strive to identify and support highly qualified candidates to public office in our county.
A major strength of the Democratic Party is our diversity. The FCDC is committed to: meeting the needs of culturally diverse groups; reducing barriers to political participation; and being the party of inclusion. We will continue to fight for freedom, democracy, and the betterment of Fayette County and its residents.